Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Vacation

This Christmas vacation has been so great! We've had lots of days to sleep in and lots of days with nothing on the calendar! I've had a few days where I haven't had to make supper-that's always welcome. Chad has come home early from work a couple of times. I always love that! It has been fun being with the kids and it has been fun that they have had sleepovers with family. Last week Macy had all 3 kiddos for a sleepover, so Chad and I went to a movie. We never do that! We don't usually want to pay for a babysitter, dinner and a movie. It gets expensive. I've had lots of time to organize the house and get rid of things we don't use. With all the new stuff we got for Christmas, I've been in a purging mood. Goodwill will be getting quite a load from the Warner's. We've had some kids to our house too. It's just been very relaxing to not have to be out and about. Whitley gets here today and I'm excited to hang out with her! Yesterday, we finally got all cleaned up from the Christmas chaos. Today I've been taking down the Christmas decorations-which makes me sad. It does feel good to get the house back to normal, though. Noah turned 6 yesterday and had Tyler over for a sleepover. Tomorrow will be his birthday celebration with the extended family-chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream! I'm looking forward to Christmas at my mom and dad's house on Friday and the New Year's Eve party at McNair's. I'll miss Knecht's, though! Saturday is the Gradeless Christmas and that will be the last of the holiday festivities. Let me send out an early Happy New Year to everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We sure have had some good times!