Friday, October 23, 2009

Here, Kitty Kitty


Our friends gave us a little kitten on Wed. morning. Noah was a little scared of it. He's afraid of a lot of things. Heidi fell in love with it. I'm not an animal person, but it was pretty cute. Chad made a cat house for our cats that we had last year that ran away. So, we tried prepping this kitten for it. We laid down a blanket, put milk and food in there for him. He stayed in it for a good while. Well, Thursday morning as Heidi waited for the bus, she held Precious and played with him. I was doing other stuff, but then noticed the bus going very slowly after Heidi had gotten on. I then spotted Precious on the road, not moving. The bus then drove away. I was watching to see if the kitten would move and then a van ran over it. I did not want to see that! Well, all day I was worried and wondering how Heidi reacted and wondered how much she saw. After school I asked if she saw what had happened and explained that he died. She said that she cried on the bus. I felt so bad for her. She said, "Yeah, and then another car ran over him really fast." I was hoping she hadn't seen that. She said that a lot of kids on the bus said that they have had their cats and dogs run over by cars. Two of her friends walked with her to her class to help comfort her. What nice girls! The bus driver called to apologize. He said he almost had a heart attack. Noah was not that concerned that we lost the kitten. He just kept saying," It looks really gross up close." I think we are done with cats.

1 comment:

Macy said...

I KNOW I shouldn't find any of that humorous . . .and yet. Poor Heidi :( She's such a sweet girl