Monday, November 19, 2007

Small town living

Okay, so some people think that I'm stuck in South Whitley, or that I've not done anything with my life because I live in the same town that I grew up in. I LOVE SOUTH WHITLEY! I have a lot of pride for my town. I left and lived in Utah for four years. I didn't like it. Partially because it was Utah ( and I got made fun of for saying sweeper and pop), and partially because it wasn't South Whitley. I missed my corn fields, the green, green wheat fields in early June, old men in their overalls drinking their coffee down at the Corner Cafe, the Corner Cafe french toast, all of my family and a million other things. Small towns aren't for everyone. Some people would go nuts living here! I wouldn't care for living in the city or in the suburbs. It doesn't fit me. I'm not comfortable with it. I'm sure if I did end up there, things would be fine, but I'm just really happy with living in a small town.

3 comments:

Stephy said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I lived in a very small town in Missouri for about a year...271 people. We had a gas station and that was the town hangout. Too bad it closed at 8:00pm.

Craftymistress said...

Amen! I love South Whitley too, and don't forget about the water tower!