Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Best Winter Ever

This winter has been so wonderful! I love that there was snow on the ground every single day in January. Being cold is not my thing, but when we have such a beautiful snow covered landscape, I seem to be able to cope with the snow just fine. I know that a lot of people have had some major headaches caused by this harsh winter and they are looking forward to spring making an appearance. We've been blessed in our home and haven't lost power, had frozen pipes, missed vacation... Part of what makes this inclimate weather easier for me to enjoy is the fact that I'm a stay at home mom and don't have to leave the house every day. The bad roads aren't really getting in the way of my plans. I'm not having to scramble for child care because of school cancellations. Bundling up kids every single day would get annoying fast. I understand the frustrations that many are having. For me, this winter is what I wish we had every year. It's been great having the kids home from school! (I'm trying to not think about being in school half way through the summer.) I love that we've been able to do so much sledding! Most winters you have to go sledding as soon as it snows because you don't know how long it will stay cold. We usually seem to get snow, then get a warm up for a couple days and all the snow melts. I love snow and am grateful to live in a place where we have 4 wonderful seasons. Spring will come. I will welcome the blossoms and the green, but for now I am soaking up these snowed in days while watching the snowflakes fall so beautifully!

No comments: