Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Know the Recipe for Cinnamon Toast

Heidi had two friends over for a sleepover last night. Oh, the things I heard!!! These girls are so funny. They are in third grade. One of them told us about her boyfriend who proposed to her. The other girls gasped and couldn't believe that she accepted his proposal. Her response to them?- "Of course I did! He's cute, honest and smart." WOW! They wanted to pretend to be princesses and Heidi said, "Yeah, but we'll be reality princesses, not cartoon ones." I heard someone say, "That looks so old. It looks like it's from the 80's and belongs in a museum of natural history."

They were so sweet and made breakfast in bed for us. The one girl who "knew the recipe" for cinnamon toast asked if we liked it. When we said yes, she replied, "Good, I need a critic, other than my family, if I'm going to open a restaurant." It was a fun night for them. The boys were gone on their own sleepover, so that was nice to not have bothersome little brothers around.

No comments: