Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Kiddos

So, Owen has been saying "sayings" that he obviously does not get the meaning of. I heard him yell at Noah, " I don't like you! If it's the last thing I do!" He understands that people say that when mad, but not quite getting the full meaning. Also, the other day he left some stuff in the van and then only brought in part of it. I asked why he didn't bring in all of it and he shrugged his shoulders and sighed, then told me it was a long story. Goofy kid!

Noah lost his FIRST tooth tonight. It has been hanging in there forever. He has been super afraid to pull it. I'm glad it's finally out. Noah really doesn't enjoy learning or studying. He almost always cries when it's time for homework. Tonight he spelled a word without crying and excitedly said, "I didn't even have to cry to spell that one right!"-Because crying always enhances the learning experience!

Heidi won a lip-sync contest last week at our local festival. She did Taylor Swift's You Belong with Me. There were only two acts that showed up. I don't know if more signed up and just didn't show up or what. The elementary school division prize was an iPod shuffle and the middle/high school prize was a step up from the that, the Nano. Well, the other entry was a couple of elementary aged girls too. So, Heidi ended up winning the Nano and they got the Shuffle. Not bad. So far she has Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber and one Beach Boys song. She has been listening to it tons. Noah thinks he should enter next year to try to win one. Heck, I might enter. The adult division prize was an iPod Touch!

No comments: