Friday, April 2, 2010

Shipshewana

Today was one wild day! I had a flight scheduled to leave South Bend at 6:30PM. So, we planned a day of fun in South Bend with the kids before I had to leave. Heidi was sick to her stomach this morning, so it looked like we wouldn't be doing any of our fun stuff that we had planned. Then, I remembered that we had some anti-nausea medication and then she was good to go in about 20 min. That stuff works great! In South Bend we went out to eat and got some good pizza, went to a park, walked along the river, got some delicious treats at an Italian bakery, and then back to the park for some more play time. Then, we headed to the airport where I found out that my flight was canceled. So, I to head out tomorrow morning at 7 from Fort Wayne. On the way home the boys decided to start clubs and wanted to have club meetings when we got home. Well, it took about an hour for our meetings to begin. We kept getting phone calls and I was trying to figure out my new plans since my flight was canceled. Just as we thought all the chaos was over, the doorbell rang. CRAZINESS!!
So, Noah's club is Farmer Tarmer and we had a secret handshake followed by a discussion led by Noah concerning craters and gratefulness. Owen's club is the Strawberry Club and he asked everyone what their favorite part is in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. These kids are too funny. And now to why this is titled Shipshewana. On the way home Girls Just Want to Have Fun was on the radio and Owen started to sing along-only he sang Shipshewana, Shipshewana. What a day!

No comments: